FFNM Past Virtual Workshop: Empowering the Future Workforce: Unleashing Potential through Employer-Supported Education
Learn more about workshop:
Empowering the Future Workforce: Unleashing Potential through Employer-Supported Education
In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, employers play a critical role in shaping the future of the workforce. This workshop aims to shed light on the impact employers have on employee educational advancement and development. The Panel will explore the responsibilities organizations have in nurturing and supporting the growth of their workforce, ultimately benefiting both individuals and the organization as a whole.
Through a combination of research-backed insights and practical strategies, this workshop will delve into the following themes:
- How employers impact the outcome of employee educational advancement
- Employers’ responsibility in developing the future of the workforce
- The opportunity you’re missing in developing the future workforce
By the end of this workshop, learners will have a comprehensive understanding of the employer’s role in educational advancement and development, and the potential benefits it brings to both employees and organizations. Gain actionable insights and strategies to implement within your own organization, fostering a culture of learning and support.
- Explore the influence of employer-supported education assistance programs on employee satisfaction, skill acquisition, and career growth.
- Discuss the significance of fostering a culture of continuous learning within the organization and the positive outcomes it can generate.
- Examine the evolving role of employers in equipping employees with the skills needed for future job roles and industry demands.
- Discover effective strategies for aligning organizational goals with employees’ educational development and career aspirations.
- Identify the untapped potential within organizations to support employee educational advancement and development.
- Discuss innovative approaches, including low cost and no cost, such as mentorship programs, leadership development initiatives and in-house learning opportunities.
- Martha Hughes
Adults in Education Manager United Way of North Central New Mexico
- Jaime Hernandez
Assistant Director of Work Based Learning, Future Focused
- Pablo Cabrera
Program Supervisor University of New Mexico Continuing Education
This Online and virtual training took place on:
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
12:00PM – 1:00PM
This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. Family Friendly New Mexico is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.