FFNM Past Virtual Workshop: Building Financial Security for the Future Workforce
Building Financial Security for the Future Workforce
Many workers are struggling to make ends meet and the idea of setting financial goals are simply that; ideas that seem out of reach. If you’re wondering how to ease the burden of the rising cost of living on your workforce, this workshop is for you. When money works for your employees it strengthens the communities they live in and their employers business.
This workshop will curate research, practice and resources on family friendly policies that can be implemented and why.
78% of employees with high financial stress say it distracts them at work sometimes, often, or very often, and six in ten workers would be more likely to stay at a job that offers financial wellness benefits. Your economic support policies could support a reduction in turnover and a reduction in absenteeism.
• Learn about the benefits of offering higher than average wages and what the wage gap costs women (especially women of color) and families.
• Learners will be introduced to tools that can be used to do an onsite financial wellness assessment.
• Learn about the TrueConnect program, a fair lending option designed to meet immediate cash needs through small payroll deductions. The program is set up by employers and Prosperity Works.
• Learn about the 529 plan, a tax-advantaged education savings plan designed to help students reach their full potential offer through The Education Plan of NM.
• Learn about small business supported – SEP, SIMPLE and 401K plans.
- Carolyn Fittipaldi
Marketing Director – Education Trust Board of New Mexico
- Dr. Ann Lyn Hall
CEO, Prosperity Works – TrueConnect Program/Fair Lending
- Josh Garfin, CFP®, CPWA®
Vice President, Wealth Planner – Fidelity Investments
This Online and virtual training took place on:
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
12:00PM – 1:00PM
This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®. Family Friendly New Mexico is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.